Monday, August 13, 2007

Where in the world is Ward?

So for those that don't know it - I took a 5 month assignment in Germany. I got to Germany last Wendesday morning and managed to work almost a full day before turning into a zombie. It took a few days for me to recover from the flight. Who knew partying like a rock star in Vegas for 3 days before jumping on a plane to fly around the world was a bad idea. Who knew?

I spent my weekend in my new home...working... I spent almost the entire weekend writing up a report for a client in the US. Oh well, work seems to follow no matter where you are in the world. Late on Sunday morning I wrapped up and managed to get into town. I am currently in an apartment provided by Hotel HerzogsPark in Herzongenrauch

The town is cute. I know, people hate to hear that, according to something I read the first recorded mention of the town was in the year 1009. When town's are celebrating their 1000 year anniversary you have to be impressed. Yes I know that it is only 2007 - just pointing out that - oh forget it. The town's first recording was 1009, sure it was around before that.

So I am scrambling to learn enough German to be dangerous. If you have any recommendations let me know. I own RosettaStone, "Complete Idiot's Guide to LEARN GERMAN Your Own, and an english/german dictionary. I really need someone who wants to practice english while teaching the big bescheuert american boy german...

No comments: